• The 2013 ISWCS (International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems) Best Paper Award in Physical Layer Comm. and Signal Processing
"Some options for L1-subspace signal processing," in Proceedings ISWCS 2013, Ilmenau, Germany, August 2013, by P. P. Markopoulos, G. N. Karystinos, and D. A. Pados. http://arxiv.org/abs/1309.1194
• 2011 University at Buffalo Exceptional Scholar - Sustained Achievement Award
"The Exceptional Scholar Award for Sustained Achievement was created by the University at Buffalo in 2002 to honor outstanding professional achievement that has been focused on a particular body of work over a number of years. This award was created to recognize an unprecedented accomplishment in a senior scholar’s career, distinguishing a body of work of enduring importance that has gone beyond the norm in a particular field of study."
• The 2010 IEEE ICC (International Conf. on Comm.) Best Paper Award in Signal Processing for Communications
"The outage probability and optimum power assignment for differential amplify-and-forward relaying," in Proceedings IEEE ICC 2010, Cape Town, South Africa, May, 2010, pp. 1-5, by W. Su, F. Chen, D. A. Pados, and J. D. Matyjas.
• 2009 SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching
"The Chancellor's Awards for Excellence are System-level honors conferred to acknowledge and provide system-wide recognition of and tribute to these individuals' expertise, dedication, and commitment. Award recipients personify professional excellence and serve as role models for the State University of New York community – To Learn, to Search, to Serve."
• 2005 Web of Science Highly Cited Article (New bounds on the total squared correlation and optimum design of DS-CDMA binary signature sets)
" ...in the top 1% within its field according to Essential Science IndicatorsSM. Your work is highly influential, and is making a significant impact among your colleagues in your field of study."
• The 2003 IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks Outstanding Paper Award (papers published in years 2000 and 2001)
"On overfitting, generalization, and randomly expanded training sets," IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 11, pp. 1050-1057, Sept. 2000, by G. N. Karystinos and D. A. Pados.
• 2001 IEEE ICT (International Conf. on Telecomm.) Best Paper Award
"New bounds on the total-squared-correlation and optimum design of DS-CDMA binary signature sets," in Proceedings IEEE ICT 2001, vol. 3, pp. 260-265, June 2001, by G. N. Karystinos and D. A. Pados.
• 2002, 1999, 1998 Junior Faculty "Raymond J. Riefler" Research Award
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York.
• 1997 The University of Louisiana Summer Research Award
• 1996 Distinguished Faculty, College of Engineering, University of Louisiana-Lafayette
Recognized for "truly outstanding teaching and research contributions and service to the University."
• 1995 State of Louisiana Board of Regents LEQSF R&D Award
• 2011 UB EE Student Poster Competition First Prize (student Sangkook Lee)
Based on research from "The optimal transmission power per round for hybrid-ARQ Rayleigh fading links," in Proc. IEEE ICC 2010, Cape Town, South Africa, May 2010 and "Optimal power assignement for minimizing the average total transmission power in hybrid-ARQ Rayleigh fading links," IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 59, pp. 1867-1877, July 2011 by W. Su, S. Lee, D. A. Pados, and J. D. Matyjas.
• 2011 IEEE MILCOM - Nomination for best paper award by Track 3 Cyber Security and Network Operations
"Spread-spectrum cognitive networking: Distributed channelization and routing," in Proc. IEEE MILCOM 2011 (Conf. on Military Comm.), Baltimore, MD, Nov. 7 - 10, 2011, pp. 1250-1255, by K. Gao, L. Ding, T. Melodia, S. N. Batalama, D. A. Pados, and J. D. Matyjas.